Beko air conditioners are equipped with an innovative self-diagnosis system. According to its results, the control device, when a malfunction is detected, blocks operation, reporting at the same time its cause. The equipment reports defects in operation by flashing LEDs that light in a certain sequence, showing the number of the detected malfunction.
Beko air conditioning error detection can be dealt with without involving a service technician. To do this, you just need to know how the information embedded in the program by the manufacturer is decrypted. It should also be remembered that the system displays the DTC with high priority.
What causes the Beko air conditioner to break?
Beko air conditioners can be found in offices, and in apartments, and in cottages. These are affordable and high-quality split systems or floor mobile units. Due to its practicality, functionality and reliability, air conditioners of this brand work properly without breakdowns in the most difficult conditions.
However, over time, especially during heavy use, the Beko air conditioner may fail. This can be manifested not only by turning off the device and the appearance of an error code on the display, but also corny: the unit will start to flow, the cooling flow will weaken, ice will appear.
The main causes of breakdowns:
- wrong unprofessional installation of a split system carried out independently or by incompetent craftsmen;
- non-compliance with the requirements for the operation of the unit;
- ignoring scheduled maintenance;
- normal wear of parts after prolonged use.
After repairing the equipment, it is imperative to study the instructions for planned maintenance of the air conditioner.
When does the Beko air conditioner turn off?
The equipment will shut itself down if:
- Secondary activation of the compressor does not occur within 3 minutes.
- If on top of the compressor the temperature exceeds 115 degrees. Normal operating temperature should not exceed 100 degrees.
- If the network voltage drops below 175 or rises above 260 volts.
- If the inverter overheats due to the fact that a strong current or a higher voltage is applied to it.
- If the wires are open anywhere.
- If the fan operates more intensively than normal or vice versa weaker (normal 300 – 400 rpm.).
- If 4 minutes the system does not receive messages about crossing through zero.
After that, the self-diagnosis system starts searching for defects and malfunctions and, having detected them, displays the desired error code on the display.
Error coding principle
Let’s look at how to find the cause of a problem with Beko air conditioners using the error code. Let’s figure out what combinations of letters with numbers can appear on the display of various devices.
At conditioners of the BKL INV, BKC INV types:
|E1||there was a problem with the temperature sensor in the indoor unit|
|E2||problems with the evaporator temperature sensor|
|E5||the connection between the external and internal modules is broken|
|1E||defect in the operation of the air temperature sensor outside|
|2E||problem with condenser temperature sensor|
Air conditioners of types BKH, AKP, AKH, BS, BKP, AS:
|Air conditioner error||Decryption|
|Ff03||overheating of the condenser operating in the “cold” mode is observed|
|Ff04||overheating of the condenser operating in the “heat” mode is observed|
|Ff06||problems with the fan in the indoor unit|
|Ff07||the room temperature sensor does not work|
|Ff08||problems with the operation of the evaporator temperature sensor|
|Ff09||problem with the operation of the condenser temperature sensor|
Error codes for BKN and AKN conditioners:
|Error||Indus RANNING||Indus SLEEPING||Indus TIMER|
|There are problems with the internal temperature sensor of the solenoid type||starts blinking||starts blinking||starts blinking|
|Diagnose a room temperature sensor defect||starts blinking||starts blinking||shines|
|There are problems with an external solenoid type temperature sensor||starts blinking||starts blinking||does not shine or blink|
|The fan motor in the indoor unit fails||starts blinking||shines||starts blinking|
From the above tables, you can determine the cause of the breakdown. air conditioning and split systems. In almost all cases, the climate system itself shuts down.
Diagnosis of the air conditioner should begin with an analysis of the most common breakdowns.
Violations in the operation of Beko air conditioners
Let’s look at what kind of malfunctions of the Beko air conditioner are most often encountered by the owners, and we will carefully analyze how to fix it.
If the air conditioner does not cool
There are several reasons why the air conditioner stops cooling. In our list, they are listed from more probable to less probable.
To identify the cause of the breakdown, you need to test each cause, starting with the first:
- If the air filter is clogged, air will not be able to circulate through the air conditioner. This reduces its cooling ability. Evaporative coils may freeze due to a dirty filter. In this situation, the filter must be flushed or replaced with a new one.
- If the condenser coils become dirty, they will not be able to dissipate heat when the refrigerant passes through them. As garbage accumulates on the coils, the air conditioner begins to work longer and more intensively to generate cold. In the end, it will work continuously. Air conditioning coils can be cleaned.
- Rarely is the cause of this situation compressor malfunction. First check the compressor capacitor and overload fuse. If, nevertheless, a malfunction is found in the compressor, you will have to call the master.
- The cause of the problem may lie in the thermostat. The thermostat controls the temperature when the air temperature rises, the thermostat turns on the fan and compressor. If it is faulty, it will not be able to cool. To check the thermostat, turn on the cooling mode and use a multimeter to check for continuity. If it is broken when the air conditioner is cooling, you will have to change the thermostat.
- All systems can work normally, and the cause of the problem may lie in the thermistor – the temperature sensor on the control board. If the air temperature rises, the resistance value on the thermistor decreases. Check the health of the sensor with a multimeter. If its resistance does not change with temperature, you will have to replace the thermistor.
- Always the cause of the error code may be a breakdown of the control board.
Some parts can be repaired. In case of some breakdowns, components and components, due to which split system cools poorly, can not be restored, and they will have to be replaced.
How to set up climate control equipment for cooling is described in detail in featured article.
The fan does not work
If the fan stops working, check it for the following breakdowns, starting with the most common:
- The fan motor is designed with 2 shafts. Such an electric motor has bearings that wear out first. Turn the shaft to determine if this is the case. This is the most expensive failure, because if the shaft does not rotate, you will have to replace the fan motor.
- If you turn the blades manually and they will not rotate freely, this also means that the engine bearings have worn out. If the blades are spinning, check the input power. If there is power, but the motor still does not work, you will have to change it.
- If a defect occurs in the relay board, then the voltage will not be supplied to the motor. The relay board can be replaced; it is inexpensive.
- The temperature control thermostat may blow contacts. To check, you need to use a multimeter to check its continuity.
- A malfunction of the thermostat may interfere with the operation of the fan. To check, you need to set the air conditioner in cooling mode and check the thermostat for continuity with a multimeter. If damage to the wire is found, it must be replaced, the weakened contacts restored. If this is not the case, you will have to change the thermostat.
All errors can be issued by a damaged control board. Naturally, in this case there should be a replacement.
Also, the reason for the fan to stop may lie in a malfunction of the thermistor, capacitor, rotary switch. If the cause of the breakdown is in the fan motor, it will have to be changed. Worn or blown fan motors are not repairable.
Compressor does not work
If the compressor stops working, check:
- Electrical contacts of a temperature control thermostat that may burn out. In this case, the thermostat will turn on the fan motor, but not the compressor.
- The temperature control board may cut off current to the compressor. The board can only be replaced.
- The thermostat controls the temperature and when it rises above normal, the thermostat activates a switch so that current is supplied to the compressor and fan.
- The fuse may blow out over time.Check if this is the reason, using a multimeter.
- Very rarely, but the compressor itself also fails. First you need to carefully check the health of the fuse and capacitor. The compressor can only be replaced in the workshop.
Even more rare causes of compressor inoperability are problems with the thermistor, breakdown of the relay board, defect of the main control board. Capacitor may burn out.
If the equipment was installed unevenly, the drains will become clogged first, and then the engine and radiator will break.
Why is the air conditioner making a lot of noise?
The split system may work noisily, and no error will be displayed on the display. In this situation, it is important to react in time and find the causes of noise. Otherwise, the breakdown can be aggravated and lead to failure of the climate technology.
What can be the reasons for noisy work:
- Compressor wear. It should be noted that even a noisy compressor can still continue to work for years.
- In the bearings of the fan motor over several years of operation, lubrication may creep.
- During prolonged use, the fan blade may become damaged or deformed and begin to touch the fan housing. It will have to be replaced.
- The fan wheel must be stable. If it is shaken, it will have to be changed.
Noisy air conditioning, of course, creates certain inconveniences during operation, but this does not mean that you immediately need to change parts. First you need to find out the cause of the noise, perhaps it is not so serious.
Water flows from an indoor unit or floor unit
If a puddle gathers under the indoor module, there may be several reasons:
- If from a monoblock unit water flows to the floor, it means that it is not aligned during installation and falls forward. The floor unit should stand so that it has a slight inclination of 1-2 degrees.
- Drainage is clogged: you need to clean or blow out the blockage.
- Incorrect installation of the drainage pipe. Everything should be fixed.
- Damage to the pump.
Regular cleaning of the drainage pipe is specified in the instructions for use.
After proper installation of the split system, nothing should drip from anywhere, if this is not a feature of the drainage system.
Heat exchanger freeze control
A freezing heat exchanger is a fairly common problem that most often occurs due to the lack of regular cleaning or replacement of the air filter. If it is clogged, the air flow through the coils of the evaporator is reduced.
Caring for the air conditioner should be regular in accordance with the requirements of the accompanying instructions.
Beko Air Conditioning Care
So, as you can see, many problems in the operation of the air conditioner arise due to untimely cleaning. No matter where the air conditioner is installed, urban or rural dust, not even visible to the eye, will quickly clog the pores of the filters, and the air conditioner will be disrupted.
How to clean the air conditioner to extend its life?
Or when there are signs indicating clogging of the equipment: noise or smell during operation, water leak, icing of the evaporator coils.
For cleaning you need:
- open the cover of the external module;
- pull out the dirty filter;
- rinse the filter and dry naturally;
- enable fan mode;
- spray all cleaning products for air conditioners in the work area;
- similarly process clean the filter;
- wipe the dusty blinds with a napkin or rinse under running water;
- put the filter in place;
- close the lid.
For split system maintenance you can call the master from a service workshop accredited by the manufacturer to carry out all types of work with its air conditioners. He will do everything: starting with installation, reaching the banal cleaning. But it is better to read the manual and carry out part of the work yourself if you do not want to spend too much money on the maintenance of climate technology.
The ability to detect damage at an early stage will extend the life of the air conditioner. Problems caused by insufficient maintenance of the unit can be solved independently. If the breakdown is caused by a defect in parts and assemblies, it is better to call the wizard. Knowledge of error codes and diagnostic sequences will help you quickly navigate this issue.